Getting to know PSDF
Our purpose: You will be part of the largest skills development fund in Pakistan. PSDF’s purpose is to shape the future and well–being of our poor and vulnerable youth by giving them access to skills training of the highest standard so they can find sustainable employment and income-generating opportunities in Pakistan and beyond.
The impact we have created: PSDF is the largest skills development fund in Pakistan established as a section 42 (nonprofit) company, set up by the Government of the Punjab in collaboration with Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO). Over the past 10 years it has funded trainings for over 550,000 youth across Punjab in 250+ demand-driven trades over six dedicated programs UMEED, AGHAAZ, URAAN, HARYALI, e-TAYYAR and MAHIR through an ecosystem of 500+ training service providers, primarily from the industry and private sector.
At PSDF, our team strongly believes in PSDF’s mission and purpose. We work in a fast–paced and challenging environment, striving to provide innovative solutions to enhance youth employment and entrepreneurship. We need someone who believes in our purpose and can deliver at our pace with an exceptional quality of work.
How the Role looks like ?
This position defines mission, vision & strategic and operational direction of PSDF in collaboration with Board of Directors and provides strategic leadership to PSDF. The assigned responsibilities are carried out WITH the objective to effectively achieve Organization success, ensure continuity, credibility, and operational efficiency; foster an environment of accountability, excellence, collaboration, and innovation and to achieve medium term & long-term objectives WITHIN the limits of PSDF’s mission & vision, objectives & strategy, guidelines from Chairman & BODs, PSDF’s regulations, policies and procedures and statutory requirements
The primary job responsibilities for this role will be carried out are:
- Leads the development and implementation of strategy and organizational objectives. Analyzes and understands organization’s strengths & weaknesses in-terms of geography & schemes and market dynamics. Maintains awareness of both the external and internal competitive landscape, new industry developments and standards, and so forth. Defines and maintains vision, mission, values & strategic direction of the organization and seeks approval of same from BoDs.
- Lead and manage the Fund within the guidelines established by the Board.
- Develop and recommend the strategic plan to the Board for approval and implement the corresponding operational, financial, and capital plans.
- Direct and monitor the activities of the Fund in a manner that ensures that the strategic, operational, financial, and capital plans are met and that the assets of the Fund are safeguarded and optimized.
- Develop and implement operational policies to guide the fund within the limits prescribed by the fund’s articles and the framework of the strategic directions adopted by the Board.
- Develop and recommend to the Board the overall corporate organizational structure and the appointment of the executive management as and when required.
- Manage and oversee the required interfaces between the fund and the donors and act as the principal spokesperson for the fund.
- Ensure the desired outputs and deliverables of the fund adequately meet the quality standards and the stipulated timelines.
- Advise and thus enable the Board of Directors to take timely and well-informed decisions on key strategy and other matters which require their attention.
- Ensure quality assurance of the services and trainings through the monitoring & evaluation specialists and other support mechanisms available for the purpose.
- Ensure periodic submission of informative progress report to the Board of Directors, to the donors and Government of the Punjab as approved by the Board.
- Develop processes/protocols for fund management and subsequently get its approval from the Board of Directors.
- Ensure disbursal of fund through efficient and transparent procedures and processes.
- Raise funding, from diverse sources, for the company for sustainability and expanding its operations.
- Ensure maintenance of the accounts as per the standard accounting practices and external audit of the funds as per the requirement of the Companies Act.
- Ensure high standard of corporate governance and strong culture of ethics and compliance.
What do we expect you to achieve?
To perform effectively as Chief Executive Officer, the functional requirements are:
- Big picture focus who can visualize and execute aspirational objectives and goals with clear impact for PSDF.
- International perspective that continues to build on the international reputation of PSDF as a benchmark in delivering skilling solutions.
- Demonstrates ability to persuade and motivate teams to passionately deliver on objectives and targets.
- Entrepreneurial risk-taker, high-energy, self-directed, service-oriented and a collaborative team player with the ability to lead in a complex and dynamic environment.
- Strong & demonstrates persuasive communications skills to strengthen the image of PSDF as the most innovative, results-driven, and impact-creating skills fund in Pakistan, both locally and internationally.
- Strong believer in organizational values and demonstrates experience in delivering on those values with the organization
- Approved strategies executed successfully
- % of strategic targets achieved
- Planned vs. actual progress
- 100% compliance with Donor’s requirements
- Quality systems in-place
- % Increase in efficiency
- Quarterly status reports against the Statement
- Adherence to approved budget
- Planned vs. actual project and non-project costs
- % Increase in employee engagement levels
- 100% compliance with all regulatory requirements
- 100% compliance with policies & procedures of ADUKG
- Compliance of Company HR policies (100%)
Are you the right fit for this job?
- Possess a post-graduate degree from a HEC recognized/equivalent institute or such other professional qualification relating to the principal line of business of PSDF including social science and Business/Public Administration Studies, OR
- Be a member of a recognized body of professional accountants.
- Minimum 15 years of professional experience with at least 10 years of experience at a senior management level
- In-depth knowledge of business development & Relationship Management
- Applied knowledge of program & project management principles and practices
- Thorough understanding of financial management
- Thorough knowledge of risk and strategic management
- Updated knowledge of macroeconomic factors, Industry & market dynamics
- Strong business acumen and Exposure to operations management & business planning and budgeting skills
- Demonstrated leadership and administrative skills in managing complex and fast-paced organization or large functions within an organization.
- Have strong understanding and experience in managing technology-based solutions for product, process and systems improvements with measurable results
- Experience in building and effectively leading a large and diverse team of employees.
- Demonstrated ability to engage with large national and international corporates, foundation, impact funds and donors to raise, manage new and diverse sources of funding for PSDF programs.
- Led or part of leadership team that has demonstrated experience of visualizing and executing innovative turnaround or change management projects with success across the organization.
What are we offering?
PSDF has a lot more to offer than a market competitive salary and perks. As a PSDF employee you will get:
- Professional development and career growth opportunities with the largest skills development fund in Pakistan.
- Experience a professional environment that believes in innovative solutions to addressing youth employment and entrepreneurship.
- Opportunity to develop and execute innovative approaches to skills development for Pakistan’s youth.
- Opportunities to interact, learn and develop expertise by actively working on large-scale donor funded projects. PSDF works closely and collaboratively with large international donors and organizations such as World Economic Forum, UNICEF, DFID-UK Aid, ILO, and World Bank.
- Opportunity to work as one team with the most talented, dynamic, and seasoned professionals in the Development Sector.
- Experience a progressive, transparent, and fair organizational culture.
Interested candidates can apply by visiting below mentioned link: