Steel fixers specialise in preparing steel fixtures for construction, learning to cut, bend and place steel bar as per drawings
What you will learn
In this course you will learn about the selection and use of proper tools, various terminologies associated with steel fixing, different types of concrete and steel, and the role of steel in concrete and construction. You will also learn how to prepare a bar bending schedule, tension and compression in concrete and how to take safety precautions.
There are no entry requirements for this qualification. You can enroll in this course now.
After completing this course, you will be able to use tools and instruments for steel fixing, observe safety rules during work, measure, cut and bend steel bars, as well as make hooks and bends out of steel bars. You will also have learnt how to bind steel bars with binding wire, calculate and cut according to the length of bars, and fabricate steel bars for different uses in concrete structures.
This course has broad prospects of employment in/as:
- All Mechanical / Civil Work industries
- Chemical Industries
- Steel fixer in R.C.C. structures with contractors.
- Steel fixer with public sector construction companies.
- Steel fixer with construction companies abroad
Develop Your Talent
Develop the skills that will help you get ahead in this career:
- The ability to collaborate
- Great communication skills
- To make the most of your adventurous spirit
Achieve Your Goals
Completing this course will provide you with:
- A nationally recognised Certificate; qualification and job readiness to work as a general purpose hand
- Eligibility to apply for your Job – general purpose hand certification
Why choose PSDF?
PSDF offers market relevant training, with the following advantages over traditional courses:
- It is focused on outcomes and based on teamwork
- It is learner-centric, teachers act as facilitators for improving the learning process
- The course is broad and offers all required competencies for the trade
- In addition to the technical skills, trainees are also taught soft skills necessary for the workplace
Only certified National Assessors can conduct CBT assessment.