Machinists specialize in lathe machine operations whereby they perform bench work, drilling, lathe work, milling work, grinding work and CNC milling.
What you will learn
This curriculum is designed to impart skill to the trainees enabling them to perform operations on lathe, milling, shaper machine and machine tools in order to produce semi skilled labour by more focusing on. This course will allow you to use of both-semi-precision measuring instructions / Tools for quality control, execute jobs on milling, Lathe and Shaper Machine independently for performing operations, execute jobs on drilling machine, perform the operations for basic fitting jobs, perform the daily and scheduled service / maintenance for machine tools.
There are no entry requirements for this qualification. You can enroll in this course now.
On successful completion of this course, the trainee should be able to use measuring/hand tools accurately/effectively, operate the lathe machine by performing following operations (Turning, taper turning, step turning, facing, enter drilling, drilling, boring, reaming, knurling and threading), operate the Milling machine jobs by performing of following operations (Cutting of Spur-gears, Helical gears, Drills, Angular Milling and Slots on universal and vertical milling machines), operate the shaper machine jobs (Squaring, Cutting of v-block, Slotting, and Angular Shaping) and operate the drill machine (Selection of number, letter and fractional size drills for drilling purposes on different kinds of drilling machines & making circular holes on taping block).
This course has broad prospects of employment in:
- Automobile Manufacturing and Assembling Industry
- Chemical, Cement, Sugar, Power, Fertilizer Plants
- Pharmaceutical Industry
- Oil Refineries
- Packaging, Paper and Board Industries
- Textile, Plastic and molding Industries
- Govt. Sector
Develop Your Talent
Develop the skills that will help you get ahead in this career:
- The ability to collaborate
- Great communication skills
- To make the most of your adventurous spirit
Achieve Your Goals
Completing this course will provide you with:
- A nationally recognised Certificate; qualification and job readiness to work as a general purpose hand
- Eligibility to apply for your Job – general purpose hand certification
Why choose PSDF?
PSDF offers market relevant training, with the following advantages over traditional courses:
- It is focused on outcomes and based on teamwork
- It is learner-centric, teachers act as facilitators for improving the learning process
- The course is broad and offers all required competencies for the trade
- In addition to the technical skills, trainees are also taught soft skills necessary for the workplace
Only certified National Assessors can conduct CBT assessment.