- Choose from over 250 demand driven trades across 8 sectors
- Stipend on completion
- Courses offered at over 2,500 locations
Our purpose-You will be part of the largest skills development fund in Pakistan. Punjab Skills Development Funds’ purpose is to shape the future and well-being of the poor and vulnerable youth by giving them access to skills training of the highest standard so they can find sustainable employment and income-generating opportunities in Pakistan and beyond.
The impact we have created-PSDF started its operations in the 4 poorest districts of Punjab through its DFID UK Aid, funded programme. Since 2016, The geographical remit has expanded to the entire 36 districts of Punjab. PSDF has funded the skills training of almost 300,000+ underprivileged youth across Punjab, which includes 180,000+ male and 110,000+ female graduates. These graduates have been trained in approximately 250 demand-driven and market relevant trades across 10 sectors.
PSDF works closely and collaboratively with some of the largest international donors and organizations such as the World Economic Forum, UNICEF, DFID-UK Aid, ILO, and World Bank. Through its partnership with the World Economic Forum, PSDF has set up Parwaaz, National Accelerator on Closing the Skills Gap in Pakistan. Parwaaz (https://parwaaz.com/) is the most powerful skilling platform of Pakistan, with strong ties with the most influential business leaders across 6 large and high-growth sectors. PSDF also signed a partnership agreement with UNICEF as its Implementing Partner for executing a largescale research project on Out-Of-School Adolescents.
At PSDF, our team strongly believes in PSDF’s mission and purpose. We work in a fast paced and challenging environment, striving to provide innovative solutions to enhance youth employment and entrepreneurship. We need someone who believes in our purpose and can deliver at our pace with exceptional quality of work.
You will assist Associate Payable for smooth operational payments & Tax related Matters.
The main opportunities and challenges for this role are to:
• Ensure all operational payments and timely disbursement to external/internal stakeholders.
• Facilitate in completing all tax (except Payroll related) matters i.e. timely deposits, monthly/annual returns etc.
• Provide audit justifications and resolving all financial queries of the management, related to non Programme & Tax payments.
• Ensure the compliance of Income Tax Ordinance, and all applicable & prevailing laws including the provisions of Companies Ordinance.
• Liaison with Auditors (Internal, External & Govt Auditors) to resolve all related queries. Bank reconciliations of all bank accounts.
The main accountabilities for this role include:
• Timely and accurate processing of all payments. 100% compliance.
• Timely deposit of WHT and returns.
• Smooth departmental operations.
To collaborate and perform effectively, the role requires you to:
• Build strong relationships with External Teams i.e. External, Internal & DG Auditors
• Build strong relationships with Internal Teams: All PSDF User Departments.
Preferred mindset and capabilities we are looking for:
• Results driven and persistent to get the desired results and takes ownership of actions.
• Innovative and has an aptitude to welcome and try new ways of doing things and push for their execution.
• Willing to strive for excellence and can anticipate challenges for continuous improvement.
• A team player with an aptitude to work with the mantra of one team by proactively supporting others to solve challenges.
• Demonstrates respect for all and can put things in perspective and gauge all actions through merit and performance.
To apply, you must have:
• Bachelor’s degree with (Hons) / Master’s degree, in the field of Finance / Accounts or equivalent, OR CA (Inter level) with completed articles.
• 0-1 years of experience in finance & accounts
• Basic knowledge of IFRS & companies’ ordinance
• Basic knowledge ERP systems from operations point of view
The experience for this role requires you to have:
• Expertise in MS Office
• Experience in ERP will be a preference
• Professional development and career growth opportunities with the largest skills development fund in Pakistan.
• Experience a professional environment that believes in innovative solutions to addressing youth employment and entrepreneurship.
• Opportunity to develop and execute innovative approaches to skills development for Pakistan’s youth.
• Hands-on experience in designing, managing, and publishing results of highly diverse research projects in the field of youth employment, out of school children and skills for the digital economy.
• Opportunities to interact, learn and develop expertise by actively working on large-scale donor-funded projects. PSDF works closely and collaboratively with large international donors and organizations such as World Economic Forum, UNICEF, DFID-UK Aid, ILO, and World Bank
• Opportunity to work as one team with the most talented, dynamic, and seasoned professionals in the Development Sector.
• Experience a progressive, transparent, and fair organizational culture.
Note: Please note that providing wrong/ forged information is a serious offense and the applicant can be disqualified from PSDF Screening process permanently.
As per the Job Requirement