- Choose from over 250 demand driven trades across 8 sectors
- Stipend on completion
- Courses offered at over 2,500 locations
Our purpose-You will be part of the largest skills development fund in Pakistan. Punjab Skills Development Funds’ purpose is to shape the future and well-being of the poor and vulnerable youth by giving them access to skills training of the highest standard so they can find sustainable employment and income-generating opportunities in Pakistan and beyond.
The impact we have created-PSDF started its operations in the 4 poorest districts of Punjab through its DFID UK Aid, funded programme. Since 2016, The geographical remit has expanded to the entire 36 districts of Punjab. PSDF has funded the skills training of almost 300,000+ underprivileged youth across Punjab, which includes 180,000+ male and 110,000+ female graduates. These graduates have been trained in approximately 250 demand-driven and market relevant trades across 10 sectors.
PSDF works closely and collaboratively with some of the largest international donors and organizations such as the World Economic Forum, UNICEF, DFID-UK Aid, ILO, and World Bank. Through its partnership with the World Economic Forum, PSDF has set up Parwaaz, National Accelerator on Closing the Skills Gap in Pakistan. Parwaaz (https://parwaaz.com/) is the most powerful skilling platform of Pakistan, with strong ties with the most influential business leaders across 6 large and high-growth sectors. PSDF also signed a partnership agreement with UNICEF as its Implementing Partner for executing a largescale research project on Out-Of-School Adolescents.
At PSDF, our team strongly believes in PSDF’s mission and purpose. We work in a fast paced and challenging environment, striving to provide innovative solutions to enhance youth employment and entrepreneurship. We need someone who believes in our purpose and can deliver at our pace with exceptional quality of work.
The Finance Associate will ensure the control mechanism to enhance the accuracy of financial information and to comply with the audit requirements.
The main responsibilities for this role are to:
• Process program & Non-program payments in timely manner.
• Prepare program cost accruals on quarterly basis.
• Verify accounting entries into SAP for correct postings
• Work on monthly preparation of various reconciliations which includes but not limited to Inter branch company, Employee’s advances & their adjustments, TSP’s balances, taxes payable etc.
• Support in External Audit to complete audit in timely manner
• Assist to Lead Finance in daily operations including team management, funds management and raising requisitions to Donors
• Any other tasks assigned by CFO and Lead Finance
The Key Performance Indicators for this position are:
• Timely and accurate monthly & quarterly financial statements
• Timely Reporting (Internal & other external stakeholders)
• Timely external audit
Preferred mindset and capabilities we are looking for:
• Result driven and persistent to get the desired results and takes ownership of actions.
• Innovative and has an aptitude to welcome and try new ways of doing things and push for their execution.
• Willing to strive for excellence and can anticipate challenges for continuous improvement.
• A team player with an aptitude to work with the mantra of one team by proactively supporting others to solve challenges.
• Demonstrates respect for all and can put things in perspective and gauge all actions through merit and performance.
To apply, you must have
Bachelor’s degree with (Hons) in accounting & Finance (Required)/ MBA/master’s (preferred)/ACMA/CA finalist with 02 years excluding articles experience.
To perform effectively as Specialist Finance, the functional requirements are:
• Minimum 2 years overall experience in finance
• Thorough knowledge of IFRS
• Detailed knowledge of Federal & Provincial Tax Regulations
• Sound knowledge ERP systems from operations point of view
• Understanding of company’s ordinance
• Professional development and career growth opportunities with the largest skills development fund in Pakistan.
• Experience a professional environment that believes in innovative solutions to addressing youth employment and entrepreneurship.
• Opportunity to develop and execute innovative approaches to skills development for Pakistan’s youth.
• Hands-on experience in designing, managing, and publishing results of highly diverse research projects in the field of youth employment, out of school children and skills for the digital economy.
• Opportunities to interact, learn and develop expertise by actively working on large-scale donor-funded projects. PSDF works closely and collaboratively with large international donors and organizations such as World Economic Forum, UNICEF, DFID-UK Aid, ILO, and World Bank
• Opportunity to work as one team with the most talented, dynamic, and seasoned professionals in the Development Sector.
• Experience a progressive, transparent, and fair organizational culture.
Note: Please note that providing wrong/ forged information is a serious offense and the applicant can be disqualified from PSDF Screening process permanently.
As per the Job Requirement