Industrial stitching machine operators learn to operate stitching machines, handle garments and control speed of each machine properly.
What you will learn
In this course you will learn about the different types and functions of industrial sewing machines, as well as how to oil and clean them before and after work. You will also learn how to install different accessories, know causes of skip, thread breakages, jump stitches and needle breakages. The course will also teach you the basics of fashion designing, how to analyze various designs and understand various materials such as fabric and thread.
There are no entry requirements for this qualification. You can enroll in this course now.
After completing this course, you will be able to identify the name and functions of various machines and their accessories along with understanding their functions and usage. You will also learn basic skills such as how to wind a bobbin, insert thread into the machine, change color of thread and adjust tension, choose appropriate needle etc. You will also have learnt how to handle garments, control speed of the sewing machine, complete garments, develop patterns and diagnose problems and faults in industrial machines. Moreover, the course will have taught you how to observe safety precautions and basic first aid in the workplace.
This course has broad prospects of employment in/as:
- Garment Factories (Knitwear + Woven garments).
- Cottage Industry
- Garments broker
Develop Your Talent
Develop the skills that will help you get ahead in this career:
- The ability to collaborate
- Great communication skills
- To make the most of your adventurous spirit
Achieve Your Goals
Completing this course will provide you with:
- A nationally recognised Certificate; qualification and job readiness to work as a general purpose hand
- Eligibility to apply for your Job – general purpose hand certification
Why choose PSDF?
PSDF offers market relevant training, with the following advantages over traditional courses:
- It is focused on outcomes and based on teamwork
- It is learner-centric, teachers act as facilitators for improving the learning process
- The course is broad and offers all required competencies for the trade
- In addition to the technical skills, trainees are also taught soft skills necessary for the workplace
Only certified National Assessors can conduct CBT assessment.