- Choose from over 250 demand driven trades across 8 sectors
- Stipend on completion
- Courses offered at over 2,500 locations
Our purpose-You will be part of the largest skills development fund in Pakistan. Punjab Skills Development Funds’ purpose is to shape the future and well-being of the poor and vulnerable youth by giving them access to skills training of the highest standard so they can find sustainable employment and income-generating opportunities in Pakistan and beyond.
The impact we have created-PSDF started its operations in the 4 poorest districts of Punjab through its DFID UK Aid, funded programme. Since 2016, The geographical remit has expanded to the entire 36 districts of Punjab. PSDF has funded the skills training of almost 300,000+ underprivileged youth across Punjab, which includes 180,000+ male and 110,000+ female graduates. These graduates have been trained in approximately 250 demand-driven and market relevant trades across 10 sectors.
PSDF works closely and collaboratively with some of the largest international donors and organizations such as the World Economic Forum, UNICEF, DFID-UK Aid, ILO, and World Bank. Through its partnership with the World Economic Forum, PSDF has set up Parwaaz, National Accelerator on Closing the Skills Gap in Pakistan. Parwaaz (https://parwaaz.com/) is the most powerful skilling platform of Pakistan, with strong ties with the most influential business leaders across 6 large and high-growth sectors. PSDF also signed a partnership agreement with UNICEF as its Implementing Partner for executing a largescale research project on Out-Of-School Adolescents.
At PSDF, our team strongly believes in PSDF’s mission and purpose. We work in a fast paced and challenging environment, striving to provide innovative solutions to enhance youth employment and entrepreneurship. We need someone who believes in our purpose and can deliver at our pace with exceptional quality of work.
To provide an independent and objective assurance to add value and improve the organization’s operations; to help accomplish organizational objectives. Ensure systematic, disciplined approach and to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and processes compliance including assessment of the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls as well as related business and financial policies, procedures, and practices.
The assigned responsibilities for this role are carried out WITH the objective to optimally meet organizational audit and compliance requirements, ensure seamless support and continuous improvement WITHIN the limits of established company policies and procedures, departmental goals, directions/guidelines from Board.
The primary job responsibilities for this role will be carried out are:
• Develop and implement annual Internal Audit Plan, with Board Audit Committee (BAC) approval.
Assures follow up of audit findings to ensure adequacy and timelines of corrective actions.
• Supervising internal audits, special assignments/investigations and ensuring implementation of
• Evaluate the scope of work of external and regulatory auditors to provide optimal audit coverage.
• Coordinate for Enterprise-Wide Risk Assessment with appointed consultant to identify areas of
highest priority for audit coverage and risk mitigation.
• Collaborates with relevant stakeholders to provide compliance related advisory for P&D department; Participates in meetings with P&D personnel along with company higher management to provide compliance related consultancy.
• Act as advisor to the CEO, management, and business in improving risk management.
To perform effectively as Head of Department/Chief Internal Audit, Risk & Compliance , the functional requirements are:
• Analytical Skills
• Presentation and Reporting Skills
• MS Office Skills
• Attention to details
To perform effectively as Head of Department/Chief Internal Audit, Risk & Compliance, the Key Performance Indicators for this role are:
• Reviewing & updating Enterprise-Wide Risk Assessment (EWRA) annually
• Developing and maintaining the internal audit plan annually
• 100% compliance with the divisional commitment plan
• 100% accuracy of data
• Ensure 100% compliance with the corporate governance, requirement
• Ensure implementation of fraud risk management framework
• Ensure implementation of Anti money laundering and countering financing of terrorism
• Ensure timely resolution of whistle blow complaints
• Percentage of operational efficiency achieved through application in-terms of time & accuracy
• % Increase in Employee engagement score for year for team
• Masters in Accounting/Finance with 8-10 years of relevant experience
• Qualified from recognized professional body of Accountants/Audit
• CIA/CISA/ACCA/CPA/CA preferred
• 8-10 years of experience in Internal Audit with 2 years in Risk management. Also at least have 2-5 years of senior leadership/managerial role experience
• Thorough knowledge of accounting standards and practices
• Detailed knowledge of auditing standards and internal audit practices
• Knowledge of taxation laws
• Sound knowledge of risk assessment and management
• Understanding of organizational processes and procedures
• Knowledge of PPRA rules
PSDF has a lot more to offer than a market competitive salary and perks. As a PSDF employee you will get:
• Professional development and career growth opportunities with the largest skills development
fund in Pakistan.
• Experience a professional environment that believes in innovative solutions to addressing youth employment and entrepreneurship.
• Opportunity to develop and execute innovative approaches to skills development for Pakistan’s youth.
• Opportunities to interact, learn and develop expertise by actively working on large-scale donor funded projects. PSDF works closely and collaboratively with large international donors and organizations such as World Economic Forum, UNICEF, DFID-UK Aid, ILO, and World Bank as well as with the most influential business leaders of Pakistan through the Parwaaz platform https://parwaaz.com/.
• Opportunity to work as one team with the most talented, dynamic, and seasoned professionals in the Development Sector.
• Experience a progressive, transparent, and fair organizational culture.
Note: Please note that providing wrong/ forged information is a serious offense and the applicant can be disqualified from PSDF Screening process permanently.
Board Audit Committee
Head of Department
As per the Job Requirement