Home textile product makers specialise in learning to identify different home textile products and operate different kinds of sewing machines
What you will learn
In this course you will learn to make bedsheets, cushions and pillows, table runner sets, duchess sets (tea cosy set/ trolley set), as well as quilt covers and bedspreads, curtains, and roman blinds.
There are no entry requirements for this qualification. You can enroll in this course now.
After completing this course, you will be able to identify different home textile products, gain knowledge of standard sizes and awareness of specifications of different products, gain knowledge of measuring, drafting and pattern making, and develop the capability to interpret and understand different instructions & terminologies to perform different tasks. You will also have learnt identify required tools, equipment and instruments, handle and operate different kinds of sewing machines, check and follow quality assurance and inspection and adopt safety measures and precautions while performing different tasks.
This course has broad prospects of employment in/as:
- Sewing operator for industry
- Cutting operator/ expert for industry
- Quilting expert for industry
- Sewing surface designer for industry
- Quality controller/ inspection person for industry
Develop Your Talent
Develop the skills that will help you get ahead in this career:
- The ability to collaborate
- Great communication skills
- To make the most of your adventurous spirit
Achieve Your Goals
Completing this course will provide you with:
- A nationally recognised Certificate; qualification and job readiness to work as a general purpose hand
- Eligibility to apply for your Job – general purpose hand certification
Why choose PSDF?
PSDF offers market relevant training, with the following advantages over traditional courses:
- It is focused on outcomes and based on teamwork
- It is learner-centric, teachers act as facilitators for improving the learning process
- The course is broad and offers all required competencies for the trade
- In addition to the technical skills, trainees are also taught soft skills necessary for the workplace
Only certified National Assessors can conduct CBT assessment.