HVAC technicians specialize in diagnosing and repairing faults in chiller plants as well as installing electrical components.
What you will learn
In this course you will learn about heat ventilation, air conditioning, and their sources of generation. You will also learn and understand current, volt, and resistance, their units and the relationship among them i.e. the Ohm’s Law and its simple application. The course includes information on series and parallel circuits; it teaches you how to explain voltage drops in the line, and estimate materials and tools for domestic installations. In addition, you will learn about measuring instruments such as voltmeter, ammeter, watt and kwh meter and their uses. You will also learn to differentiate between single-phase and three-phase loads, describe the single-phase motor used on machine and faults rectification.
There are no entry requirements for this qualification. You can enroll in this course now.
After completion of this course, as a HVAC technician, you will be able to install and remove HVAC units, test HVAC unit performance, conduct preventive maintenance on HVAC equipment, repair refrigeration cycle, and ensure occupational health and safety (OHAS).
This course has broad prospects of employment in:
- Construction industry in public and private sector
- Manufacturing industry, assembling plants and installation services
- Contractor for annual maintenance and repair of residential/ institutional/ commercial buildings
Along with the potential to set up your own shop, marketing and delivering HVAC repair services.
Develop Your Talent
Develop the skills that will help you get ahead in this career:
- The ability to collaborate
- Great communication skills
- To make the most of your adventurous spirit
Achieve Your Goals
Completing this course will provide you with:
- A nationally recognised Certificate; qualification and job readiness to work as a general purpose hand
- Eligibility to apply for your Job – general purpose hand certification
Why choose PSDF?
PSDF offers market relevant training, with the following advantages over traditional courses:
- It is focused on outcomes and based on teamwork
- It is learner-centric, teachers act as facilitators for improving the learning process
- The course is broad and offers all required competencies for the trade
- In addition to the technical skills, trainees are also taught soft skills necessary for the workplace
Only certified National Assessors can conduct CBT assessment.