This course will allow trainees to install electrical wiring of buildings and appliances, diagnose, repair faults and install new electrical components.
What you will learn
In this course you will get to understand electricity and its sources of generation and understand current, volt and resistance, their units and relationship among them i.e. Ohm’s Law and its simple application. You will also learn how to describe series, parallel circuits, and explain voltage drop in the line, explain the estimation of material and tools for all domestic installations and define the construction of simple measuring instruments i.e. voltmeter, ammeter, megger meter watt and kwh meter and their uses. The course will also teach you how to differentiate between single-phase and three-phase loads, describe a single-phase motor used on machines and how to rectify if faults occur.
There are no entry requirements for this qualification. You can enroll in this course now.
After completion of this course you will be able to interpret electrical drawing of buildings to be able to fix PVC pipes and other types of wiring. You will also be able to measure plan wiring, calculate the load of all electrical appliances, install electrical cables/wires, as well as perform repairs and maintenance of electrical appliances, ensure occupational health and safety (OHAS).
This course has broad prospects of employment in/as:
- An electrician to an electrical shop, industry and to building contractors.
- An Assistant Electrician in Public or Private Organizations.
- Industries (manufacture/assembly)
- Contractor for Annual Maintenance/ Repair of residential/ institutional/ of Small commercial buildings etc. (after gaining sufficient exposure)
- Foreign Job Opportunities
Along with the potential to set up your own shop as an electrician.
Develop Your Talent
Develop the skills that will help you get ahead in this career:
- The ability to collaborate
- Great communication skills
- To make the most of your adventurous spirit
Achieve Your Goals
Completing this course will provide you with:
- A nationally recognised Certificate; qualification and job readiness to work as a general purpose hand
- Eligibility to apply for your Job – general purpose hand certification
Why choose PSDF?
PSDF offers market relevant training, with the following advantages over traditional courses:
- It is focused on outcomes and based on teamwork
- It is learner-centric, teachers act as facilitators for improving the learning process
- The course is broad and offers all required competencies for the trade
- In addition to the technical skills, trainees are also taught soft skills necessary for the workplace
Only certified National Assessors can conduct CBT assessment.