Punjab Skills Development Fund launched the scheme “Industrial Training Program 2016” in December 2015. Under the scheme, a total of 11,942 residents from all the districts of Punjab were trained. The scheme has targeted the potential industries from all the districts of Punjab. Trainings were imparted in high demanded trades that cover several the sectors of economy and assurance of employment of 50% trained persons.
- To support industrial and manufacturing sectors for provision of skilled manpower.
- Improve the quality of work.
- Increased labor market relevance of skills training programs in different sectors of economy.
- To increase access to jobs & income earning opportunities.
- More than 50% trained persons will be employed in various industries.