Punjab Skills Development Fund launched the scheme “Employable Skills for Females in Beauty Care Industry” in June 2017. Under the scheme, a total of 2,750 females from the districts; Islamabad, Lahore, Faisalabad, Sialkot & Multan will be trained. Training is being imparted in trades such as Grooming & Make-up Artist and beautician.
- Involved leading industry players for training having endorsement of international makeup brands
- Preference for the underprivileged segment of society i.e. orphans, single mothers, divorced and widows
- Train women in demand-driven courses of the beauty-care industry
- Empower women to become contributing members of the society by earning a respectable income for themselves and their families
- 2,500 women will be trained over a period of one year.
- 50% will be employed (with 20% job placement in Beauty Salons & 30% Self-employed)
- Provision of micro-financing to establish their own businesses