A blend of online learning + practical training for aspiring Hospitality Cooks, making them proficient in working in commercial kitchens and preparing a delicious assortment of dishes from different cuisines
What you will learn
- Selecting tools and equipment used to prepare and cook simple dishes
- Weighing and measuring ingredients according to recipes
- Preparing and cooking food as required by guests’ orders
- Checking the quality of food before, during and after preparation and cooking
- Working hygienically and safely.
Middle or trained and qualified as a cook for at least 3 months, with experience in a commercial hospitality kitchen (eg hotel, restaurant, club, industrial canteen)
At the end of the course, you will be able to master basic food preparation and cooking processes and culinary technique, apply food safety and hygiene regulations, maintain professional standards throughout shift, be aware of nutritional, economic and ecological requirements, prepare and cook vegetables, cook and finish meat, poultry and fish dish, prepare and finish simple salad and fruit dishes, pasta, rice, eggs and egg dishes, grains and pulses, soups and stocks, bread and dough products, hot and cold sandwiches, clean kitchen equipment and cooking utensils and identify and pursue new business opportunities in the hospitality sector.